Full frame 21Mega Pixel sensor, 1080p HD video, ISO 25,600 equivalent mode, higher capacity battery and movie mode are one of those features which lots of people have been discuss all around since the announcement of the latest Canon EOS 5D Mark II at Pre-Photokina 2008.
Let’s take a look on what’s new :
- DIGIC 4 image processor, 14-bit ADC.
- Reduced micro lens gap.
- Expanded ISO sensitivity range of 100 to 6400 with expansion of ISO 50 to ISO 25600.
- No mirror flip in Live View with Contrast AF.
- EOS new Integrated Cleaning System.
- Movie recording in live view.
- Auto LCD brightness control.
- Microphone input socket.
- New 1800 mAh battery.
- Improved battery status info and memory.
- RAW available in Auto mode.
- Water resistance : 10 mm rain in 3 minutes
Sensor : 21.1 million effective pixels
Image Size : 5616 x 3744 (21M) / 4080 x 2720 (11M) / 2784 x 1856 (5.2M)
Sensitivity : ISO 100 - 6400 (Expansion options - ISO : 50 (L1) / 12800 (H1) / 25600 (H2)
Shutter : 30 - 1/8000 sec
Continuous Shooting : 1 - 3.9 fps
LCD Monitor : 3.0 ” TFT LCD at 920,000 pixels
LCD Live view : 100% frame coverage at 30 fps
Storage : CF Type I/II
Connectivity : USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed), AV out, HDMI connector, Microphone input
Dimensions : 152 x 114 x 75 mm
Weight : 810 g (without batt)
Movie recording : 30 fps at 1920 x 1080 (16:9) up to 12 mins / 640 x 480 (4:3) up to 24 mins
Most other DSLR with big names such as Nikon, Olympus, and newbies like Sony and Panasonic Lumix has brought their latest camera model in line with great specification.. but with the introduction of this new monster by Canon, it was worth the wait.