Did you know ‘KWANON’ is the origin logo name first used in 1933 for the first trial camera production made from Japan which is now call CANON.
In June 1934, Yoshida and his brother in law Saburo Uchida and Takeo Maeda, a former subordinate of Uchida, released their first trial camera call the ‘Kwanon’, named after the Buddhist goddess of mercy, which include the wording and an image of Kwanon with 1,000 Arms and flames. Since Kwanon and Canon had similar pronunciations, the transition went smoothly until nowadays people still call it Kwanon in Japan.
Writing 642-436 and 70-293 is not a problem for the 70-536 or the 70-642 applicants, whether they have attempted 642-642 series or not.
Canon had gain its own high profile in the consumer market after the company begin full-scale marketing starting in 1935. During the same year, Kwanon has come up with a new logo and the name was changed to Canon to reflect a more modern concept identity.
1934 - The engraved Kwanon logo was used on cameras trial-manufactured by the Company (but not actually released in the market).
1935 - The Canon logo is registered as a trademark. Prominent features were already inherent in the refinement process.
1953 - Unification of the logo. The image was further refined to achieve an overall balance.
1956 - The current logo was the culmination of painstaking and meticulous design efforts.